What is this?

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Can you please exaplain in more detail what you are looking for? Have you finished it?

What is the timer for?

Why VB.NET when it's a dll?

If the functionality is just On/Off then what are you wanting? This can be obtained with any usercontrol or built in control for that matter.

I can assist if needed but I'm not sure what you're after. The functionality you mentioned isn't in any form complex so without more information no one is going to know what you really want. Animation? A look? An exact duplicate of WP / W8 switch button? Is this for Windows Forms or WPF?
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Thanks for asking and making this discussion, I'm really happy to see somebody interested in my project. :)

1) Sure I can and I will in the next few answers.

2) The timer to make it work is because I have not added a way of saying "Okay, the value just change what do I do?". ("switch.ValueChanged" or something like that). Also inside the code you might see another timer that is used to create the animation.

3) VB.NET because that is the language I made the control.

4)Yes, the only values I want is on/off. I know there are hundreds of "companies" that have this exact control but they are usually paid or make the application significantly heavier and built-in controls don't look like Android or WP8.

5) I want three main things:
  • Author the control (Elements of the control on the Properties Panel of Visual Studio).
  • Add the "ValueChanged" event. So people can easily call the control without a Timer.
  • An easily customizable light-weight switch button control.
I made this control at the end of last year for a project I also have on codeplex "Windows 8 Lockscreen", and it took almost a day and used it for personal use, but then I decided that I would also post it on coldeplex because a friend wanted to try it so I made a few changes, made a ".dll" and uploaded the source code on January (I believe), but in my country that is the month school starts (and I am still in High School), so I never had time to do any of the previously mentioned things. And if it was not to your discussion thread I would have never remeber the existence of this project. :)

I do know that what I want is easy, there are hundreds of Youtube video tutorials on how to do it, but I never have time (as I just mention).

Thanks again for your discussion threat, real sorry if I got any grammar/spelling error.
Marked as answer by tacorwin on 1/29/2015 at 5:39 PM
Jan 25, 2015 at 2:41 AM
I suggest you make it for .NET 4.0, unless there's some specific code that needs .NET 4.5, which I doubt there is. .NET 4.5 is still relatively new, and most use 4.0 in my opinion.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Thanks for adding to the community of SBC. I wil think about changing it, I will talk to Tacorwin since he is the one that has been making the new realeses.
Jan 28, 2015 at 3:17 PM
No. Keep it 4.5. Why in the world would you work backwards? 4.6 will be out soon and you're telling this guy to continue writing legacy so XP can have a taste. It's a flippin on off switch. Besides, that's not even what he requested. Don't suggest framework versions to people that aren't asking. That's a headache man.
Jan 28, 2015 at 5:08 PM
ImDaFrEaK wrote:
No. Keep it 4.5. Why in the world would you work backwards? 4.6 will be out soon and you're telling this guy to continue writing legacy so XP can have a taste. It's a flippin on off switch. Besides, that's not even what he requested. Don't suggest framework versions to people that aren't asking. That's a headache man.
Dude do you have anyp idea what you're talking about, and what I suggested him to do? Wth does this have to do with legacy code working on XP? I said not everyone has their project framework set to 4.5, so what does that have to do with xp? Making it a 4.0 version means it can work with projects targeted at .NET 4.0 and that's it, nothing to do with .NET 4.6 or Windows 20. All you have to do is change the settings in the project properties and you're done.
Jan 28, 2015 at 7:42 PM
Oh my world... You're serious. Move to another forum please.
Jan 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM
ImDaFrEaK wrote:
Oh my world... You're serious. Move to another forum please.
Go buy yourself a brain.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2015 at 2:02 AM
This product is currently written for 4.5. Once 4.6 is released, we will begin writing code for 4.6, whilst keeping the 4.5 version. If requested, I will add a download for a 4.0 version. I have no problem adding another download for another framework, but remember that the currently selected framework (4.5) will have more frequent updates, as it is the current version.